The Princess Trio

I am surrounded by princesses. Even the dog and cat consider themselves royalty. What is a girl to to, but put on a tiara and GO GO GO!! Therefore, I must be "The Queen".... um, right?

Friday, May 16, 2008

Why we survive through 5 months of Minnesota winter!!

Today was such a beautiful day! 77 degrees, sunny... perfect! I got to sleep in (kinda... I always have to get up to do a hair check before the biggies leave for school. Jeff doe great making breakfast, but the hair and getting dressed still alludes him. Last week, I had to gently (of course ) remind him that Abby wearing a black tank that says "Diva" in hot pink rhinestones, covered by Lily's sweatshirt, may not have been the best wardrobe selection.

But, I digress... we went and had lunch at the girls school, it was bbq day! Everyone brought their blankets, it was great. The girls school has a beautiful and HUGE park attatched to it, so everyone was spred out... glorious weather for this. The only damper was Lily falling off the picnic table and cracking her head on the cement :( :( We think she is ok.

Then Jeff and I came home, put Lily down for a nap, and worked in the yard. Mowed, weed whipped, I planted tons 'o flowers! And, my flower budget was 1/3 what it usually is. I bought a huge flat of lilac impatients (SP?) and am going to plant them all over! I did my barrels (2) and hanging baskets (3) and still have several smaller gardens (like 6 or 7) to clean up and add some flowers!

We were outside all day! When the biggies got home from school, we were still planting, so Abby and Sam (my 3 yr old neighbor buddy) planted a bunch of flowers with me. And all of the kids were playing, we had a few beers with Luke and Dana (our neighbor friends) and Tony (our neighbor friends friend... we like him too, especially Abby) and grilled salmon and a bunch of yummy veggies, some cuban rice and black beans.... YUM!

Then we went for a bike ride, Jeff gave me a new bike for Christmas, and the girls got new bikes from Santa, the bike trailer is on Jeff's bike for Lily. Today was only the second time I have ridden my 2 wheeler (tee-hee, Renee!) and it is very apparant how pathetically out of shape I am!! But I LOVE riding my bike!... as we rode through the bike path in a little city park, on our way to a neighbor hood school playground (we have a lot of fun play grounds around here, and Lily is NUTSO about slides!) We played at the play ground for about an hour... we were the only ones there... so Jeff and I climbed all over too! Then we biked home, picked up the yard, and came in.

We even had a really nice bedtime, Abby loves the Cuppycake song on the "Twinkle Little Chaw" CD, so we listened to (and sang to) that song about 6 times ("one more time Mom... pleeeeaasssee!)

Sweet end to a beutiful Minnesota day!!

No comments: