Valentine's Day 2009
As soon as I knew that we would be raising 3 girls, I knew Valentine's Day would be a major day at the Karan house. After all, what girl doesn't love LOVE?
My girls do. So, it was a big love fest.
I had to do the overnight shift the night the night before, so didn't get home until 9:30 on Valentines Day. I (of course, being the planner I am) was all set ahead of time. I was sending Jeff off with the girls to their Saturday morning activities, so I could make my Valentines surprise.
There was a vase of 3 for me, and a vase for each of the girls, with a beautiful single rose in each. The girls loved their roses!
Along with the yummy breakfast: Mushroom and swiss omlettes, venison sausage (yuck, but A+ for the thought and effort!) Cinnamon rolls.... AND..... are you ready for this??
Mimosa's. Who would have thought Jeff would do this?? So great!! Romantic, and a reason to drink champange on a Saturday morning before 10am. Bless his heart!
We ate the lovely breakfast.... mostly at breakneck speed, because Maddie had to be at theater class, and Abby and Lily had to get into their leotards for gymnastics! But, soon enough I was left with the Mimosa's, peace and quiet, and a chance to get my Valentines lunch surprise ready!
We are on a very (very) tight budget right now, so this was a hand made, homemade with love kinda holiday! I have recently become obsessed with making bottle cap necklaces! Aren't they cute?! Each girl got 2.
I also made each of my Valentines a handmade (OK, it was from a kit I had... but I had to put them together)
The little Chinese take-out boxes with a few little cute thingies in them!
This is what their placemats looked like when they came home from morning activities! They were quite excited!
Jeff made each of the girls a necklace holder to hang all of their *bling* on!
Maddie unwrapping her bottlecap necklaces, which were in a little wooden box. Lily holding up her pink heart shaped rock that I have had forEver, waiting for a special moment to give them to my girls.
Abby reading her card (yes, I made hers upside down!!! It was very late when I was scrambling to finish all of this homemade stuff!)
A few of Lily... how cute is she??
Still cute..... :)
Lily LOVED her Ming Ming (from the Wonder Pets) necklace!
Lunch is always better when served with love.... and mini corn dogs and Cherry 7up!
Jeff made these cards for the girls.... How cute are they??
I loved knowing how much he had to go through to hunt down the supplies in my less-than-organized craft room/office.
Dos Chica
Tres Chica
No comments:
Post a Comment