
Has it really been three months since I posted??? Wow. Bad blogger!! This would be the reason I hesitated to make my blog public! I am afraid the secret will be out. I am L A Z Y.!!!
The biggies are now back in school! They started Sept. 8th. Maddie is in 4th grade and Abby is now in 1st! When did that happen?!?! My little girls are getting so grown up!
Here they are, the morning of the first day: Lily insisted on having her own back pack.
Walking into school
Maddie unpacking her supplies. The girl sitting at the desk behind Maddie is Desha. Desha was one of Maddie's BFF's from Central Lutheran. Desha just started at St Anthony Elementary this year, her Grandma is the school secretary and "helped" them get into the same class!! Yay Desha's Grandma! Maddie is THRILLED to have her there. I asked Maddie for a kiss before I left. She said no (whhaaat?... uh uh. You are WAY too young to refuse to kiss your mother. You will always be too young to kiss your mother!") I kissed her anyway... of course.

Abby getting settled in. She has a real desk this year, and this was very exciting! There was a little bag of playdough on each desk for the kids to play with while everyone unloaded supplies and talked to Ms Holmgren.
Lily liked the desk right next to Lulu. I said good bye to my big 1st grader
Then Lily and I headed home to deal with our emergency waiting for us. Maddie's Guinea Pig, Cali, was very very sick. We noticed there was something wrong with her the night before, and the morning of the first day of school, (yeah, thanks, God! Nice timing) Cali was laying on her side, struggling :( :( :(
Maddie was hysterical and made me promise to take her to the vet. So I did. Cali died. Maddie was very sad. Not a fun addition to back to school day.
Maddie did get a new piggie (Patches) just a few days ago. Scruffy (Abby's piggie) was so so happy to have a new cage mate! I have never witnessed such rodent jubilation! Jumping and purring and squealing... oh my! It was pretty fun to watch!
So, we are back into the routine here! Maddie started Theater classes at a local theater ( www.stagecoachmn.com ) on Saturday Mornings for 3 hours. They do vocal, dance and acting. An hour each. In December, they will put on a performance of The Lorax, then in winter semester they gear up for the big Spring production, which is Annie this year!! Jeff and I took Maddie to see Annie at the Chanhassen dinner theater when she was 4. She knows every word to every song! This is very exciting! I think theater is right up Maddie's ally!Abby and Lily started gymnastics too. Lily and I are doing a Mommy and Me class, and the same time and in the same gym as Abby's class! Lily is LOVING this!! And Abby, I think, was made to be a gymnast. They are both little monkeys and strong too! Oh, to be young and flexible again.
So, this is what we are up too these days!
I have to send a shout out to Kailey and Jordan, my Connecticut nieces. LOOK at them!! They are young ladies!!! Again... when did this happen?!?! You two are beautiful! I miss you both a bunch, and really hope we can see you soon. You are too far away!! Waaaaaa!
I have to send a shout out to Kailey and Jordan, my Connecticut nieces. LOOK at them!! They are young ladies!!! Again... when did this happen?!?! You two are beautiful! I miss you both a bunch, and really hope we can see you soon. You are too far away!! Waaaaaa!

No comments:
Post a Comment